"The Mystery that Lies Beneath"
Full day intensive underwater workshop to take your portrait company to a new level taught by Jennifer Tallerico and Cate Scaglione
This full day workshop is 697 with an early bird special of 597 if a retainer is paid by March 1st. Payment can be made here through Paypal
Payment plans options are available. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details
Limited spots available to allow for maximum shooting time
This is a non refundable retainer. You may transfer to another however JT Noir Studios must approve the photographer it will be transferred to in order to update information.
FAQs are located at the bottom on this page!
The mysteries that lie beneath the surface of the water are so compelling to me. I have been working with water for decades as a scientist and photographer exploring its properties. After many years of shooting clients, I wanted to show others just how great the experience can be when you let go of your worries and follow your clients into a ethereal movement under the surface.
Join us in Sunderland Maryland at a private studio with a fantastic pool for your underwater experience!
Cate Scaglione, fine art photographer and branding consultant will be guiding you through marketing this unique new addition to your company. Whether you want to capture seniors, children or boudoir, this class will give you tools in order to take your skills to the next level in underwater shooting.
We will have pool time for each photographer to get in there and test out these skills with a model for boudoir, as well as for the look of senior portraits for your portfolio. A light lunch will be provided as well as snacks to keep us going while in and out of the water!
- I will be working through the logistics in equipment maintenance (you don't really want to flood your precious camera now do you?)
- Wardrobe selections for using each type of session will be covered to ensure safety of your clients
- Underwater makeup tips to bring back the color loss
- Understanding depth issues and distortion to avoid bloating your clients body or face
- The basics and then the not so basics of understanding underwater complications due to focus issues, turbidity, color loss, depth, water quality, lighting and much more. In this section I will explain how to overcome those issues in all water body types.
- Lighting your subject underwater
- Posing for each type of client and how to create stunning looks that will sell every time
- Shooting with wall art in mind
- Editing, editing and more editing (this is where the fun begins to tie in your current style with your new underwater brand)
- Building relationships in your market with the right people. This will cover how to ensure clients will be ready to book before you even pick up the phone.
- Building vendor relationships to get the perfect match of your underwater image into the right wall art style for your company.
This will be a fun and casual setting so do not feel the need to dress up - Bring comfy clothes and flips, towels, and don't forget your gear! If you have wanted to try underwater work but do not have a housing--You will be allowed to shoot with my gear and I will send you the raw images for you to edit back at your studio!
I have fantastic vendors and sponsors donating some amazing things to each attendee so you do not want to miss this!!
Where is the location of the workshop?
Once you reserve your seat, an email will be sent with the location of the workshop as well as hotel accommodation suggestions. The workshop location will be emailed to you once retainer has been paid.
The hotel accommodations can be reserved on your end by calling (410) 535-6800 | Holiday Inn Express | 355 Merrimac Ct, Prince Frederick, MD 20678
Is lunch provided?
Yes! Our gracious host will be serving an amazing lunch! "Cilantro Herb Roasted Chicken Breast Sliced & served on bed of greens Served with Artisan Rolls Spinach Artichoke Dip Served with tortilla chips Bbq pulled pork With Fresh Baked Rolls Tex Mex Queso Fondue Served with baguette slices & tortilla chips Fiesta Shrimp & Tomato Toss Served with herb crostini Tortellini & Salami Antipasto Pasta Salad" Water and light snacks will also be provided. We are working on a get together dinner the night prior for anyone coming in the night before!
Do I need gear to attend?
Not at all! If you have it please feel free to bring it! I teach with the idea in mind of minimal equipment for those who want to learn but have not made the jump to buying a housing. You will be able to utilize my gear to see if this is the perfect niche for you! I want to show you how you can obtain amazing looks even if you cannot afford the most expensive gear! However I do suggest bringing goggles or a mask as the chlorine can wear on your eyes after an hour or so underwater.
Do I need to be scuba certified?
Definitely not. We will be shooting in a pool this workshop so it is not necessary.
Do I have to be a strong swimmer?
For safety reasons, I do need everyone to know HOW to swim. However, if you are not a strong swimmer I can show you how to utilize the shallow end for your underwater portraits.
Can I bring my spouse?
Due to limited seats in this workshop, unless they are a paying attendee, they will have to sit this one out. They are more than welcome to join us the night before if we all make dinner plans.
Will you be available after the retreat via email for follow up questions?
ALWAYS. I want to make sure you understand everything you learned (just please respect my time as a mother and business owner if I cannot get back immediately to your questions)